Saturday 30 May 2009

Odds and Ends


Pat and I took Briagha for a brief walk in the Castle grounds on Friday. She (Briagha not Pat) thought it was a day for paddling. She couldn't understand why we wouldn't join her. Instead we joined GB in The Woodlands for a coffee (and, in my case, the irresistible Florentine).


On the way back from town we pass this old mill.


Even though I have taken this view many times over the last 15 years I still cannot resist getting the camera out when the sun is shining.



We went out for a meal in the evening, stopping briefly on the Briagh where I got some shots of Oystercatchers.


We also passed the pottery which GB used to own. Sad to say, it has now closed down.


It is approaching the longest day and up here in The Hebrides the nights are getting very short. At 11.30 at night it was still light enough to see for miles and four hours later the sun was rising again.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).