Wednesday 8 July 2009

A walk to the shore

 

I'm catching up on posting about my walks from Eagleton over the last couple of weeks. This is a walk I took down the croft to the shore on the morning of 23rd June.


Grasses on the croft.


Bell Heather.


A Common Spotted Orchid.


A Sedge.


Ragged Robin.


A male Common Blue butterfly.



Looking up Iain and Carol's croft to GB's.


Broad-leaved Marsh Orchid.


Water Forget-me-nots alongside a peaty stream.


Meadow Cranesbill.




Down on the shore.

4 comments:

  1. One of the great advantages to me of this blog is that I can look at it when I want to know what a particular item of flora or fauna is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful walk you've shared with me :)

    AND I think that I've fallen in love with the common male blue butterfly ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures make me realise why I live on the Isle of Lewis. Thank you John - I am slowly learning the names of the wild flowers from your excellent blog. Long may you and it continue.

    Love P.

    PS: Pray to your weather gods - 9 more days and we say goodbye to Kate for half a year - then it can rain - I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks P, It had better stay fine for the nine days because that's how long I have to go and, more importantly, Jo is up for most of them. If she leaves rain on Merseyside to come up to rain on Lewis I'll never hear the end of it!
    Love
    J

    ReplyDelete

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).