Saturday 14 June 2008

Filming at Bayble Pier

Friday 13th June 2008

We called in at the Garden Centre for a couple of plants and I said hello to the Chinchilla, Chinese Water Dragon (in a rather inelegant pose - the Chinese Water Dragon, not me) and some sort of skink (?).




On the way back the weather was not particularly conducive to photography but I couldn't resist taking the swathes of white Bog Cotton at Knock.




Back at GB's I spent an hour sitting out watching people filming at Bayble Pier. I don't know what they were filming but it involved an old-fashioned cart, a breeches buoy, and flares.









What I never fathomed out was how come they were filming people in modern clothes and yet using an old-fashioned cart with "Board of Trade" on it... I could only conclude it was the means of transporting the breeches buoy.



Rain showers in the afternoon brought a super rainbow in the bay.





By early evening it was fine again and Upper Bayble was shining in the sun.



Sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).