Thursday 22 May 2008

Common Terns and Grey Seals

Wednesday 21st May 2008
Another day of sunshine and the Green-veined Whites flitting about the garden at coffee time this morning.



Wonderful cloud effects driving into Stornoway this afternoon on the way to GB’s hospital appointment.



Walking from the Castle gates along into town I saw various birds including Rooks, Lesser Black-backed Gulls and a Hooded Crow.





A boat beached in the inner harbour.



A Grey Seal was happily having spells of sun-bathing on the surface in the harbour and blowing raspberries at me every time it came up from below.



More boats - I just cannot resist photographeing them.







A pair of Common Terns sat on the harbour wall near me and every so often would take off to grab a sand eel from the water.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).