Thursday 15 May 2008

Stornoway and the Airport

Wednesday 14th May 2008



Early morning views.


A Rock Pigeon on the fence post, waiting for me to go in so it can get at the bird seed.


One of Stornoway’s landmark buildings - the former Town Hall which included the public library, completed in 1905 with the aid of money from the philanthropist Andrew Carnegie.



Coffee (and a Times 2 crossword, of course) at the woodlands centre.


Not exactly a typical Lewis dwelling this weird and wonderful beast sprang up a couple of years ago on the road out to the Briagh.




GB took me to see Stornoway airport - an impressive facility for such a comparatively small community.

1 comment:

  1. Looking for something on Google and look where it led me - the blog has a better memory than I have...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome - comments are nearly always appreciated (the exception being those that simply advertise which don't make it past my moderation so please, don't bother).